Utilising a 100-megapixel medium format back-side illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor with a native ISO of 64, the X2D 100C captures life in vivid colour and exquisite detail. Over 281 trillion colours are represented with the 16-bit colour depth. This immense dimension of colour paired with 15 stops of dynamic range allows the X2D 100C to capture the subtle intricacies of highlights and shadows as they are seen in the natural world.
100MP - ENDLESS COLOUR AND DETAIL
The Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution (HNCS) optimises colours to appear as authentically as the eye perceives them. Captured without any presets – artistic visions effortlessly come to life.
Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution
PDAF FOR FAST AND ACCURATE FOCUSING
X2D 100C utilises Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) to capture fleeting moments in stunning clarity. 294 PDAF zones spread over the 100-megapixel sensor surface provide swift and accurate focusing at the press of a button.
Faster Focusing 2
IBIS - KEEP MOMENTS SHARP
The X2D 100C features 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) to assist in capturing crisp handheld shots. To better control the size and weight of the X2D 100C, Hasselblad has built the most compact medium format IBIS solution on the market. 3 It meets the stringent requirements a 100-megapixel medium format sensor has for stabilisation while ensuring the light weight and portability of the camera.
RELIABLE HIGH-VOLUME STORAGE BUILT-IN
High-quality imaging demands considerable storage. A first for medium format cameras, 3 the X2D 100C features a built-in 1TB SSD with a write speed up to 2370MB/s, and a read speed up to 2850MB/s. 5 Although ample storage is built-in, additional space can be added using the CFexpress Type B card slot. Thanks to its high-speed storage performance, the X2D 100C is able to continuously shoot 16-bit RAW images in Continuous Drive Mode, providing a stable and reliable continuous shooting experience.
Faster Write Speed Than an SD Card
Every Display Excels
The 3.6-inch touch display presents a clear image even under strong light and tilts to gradual angles for diverse shooting needs. It supports a resolution of 2.36 million dots, bringing accurate, true-to-life colours to view.
Touch and Tilt Display
A new 1.08-inch coloured top display publishes the camera status and shooting parameters.
Colour Top Display
The 5.76-million-dot OLED viewfinder supports 1.0x magnification, 6 expanding the camera view for a clear and immersive experience. New electronic dioptre adjustment allows for a personally tailored view. With a clear, bright field of view, focus checking is accurate and more convenient than ever.
AN ENRICHED EXPERIENCE
The X2D 100C boasts faster response times, ensuring important moments are quickly captured.
The X2D 100C body shells are formed from solid blocks of aluminium alloy machined to sleek curves. While rooted in the Scandinavian design of the X System, the X2D 100C evolves with a new dark grey tone. This new colour reflects the convergence of light and shadows, subtle mixes that the X2D 100C expertly captures.
HIGH-SPEED TRANSMISSION FOR INSTANT SHARING
The X2D 100C comes with a USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port that supports a max 10Gbps transmission rate. And a 2.4/5GHz high-speed Wi-Fi connection, 8 enables a faster and more stable transmission with less interference.
Link the X2D 100C with an iPad or iPhone via Wi-Fi, to transmit full-size JPG/RAW images using Phocus Mobile 2. 9 This allows editing and outputting of high-quality RAW images that fully utilise the abilities of HNCS, and enables masterpieces to be created and shared effortlessly outside the studio. 10
PD 3.0 fast charging and third-party PD 3.0 chargers are supported, removing the need to carry multiple charging devices.
NEW LENSES TO MATCH
The latest generation of XCD lenses, the XCD 2,5/55V, XCD 2,5/38V, and XCD 2,5/90V, are compact, lightweight, and maintain Hasselblad’s top-class optical performance. A fully upgraded focusing module enables faster and more accurate autofocus. The leaf shutter provides flash synchronisation at all speeds and is now even more compact.
Each metal lens features both a focus ring and lens control ring delicately engraved with a Hasselblad "H" logo print. A simple push and pull of the focus ring changes from AF to MF mode, where intuitive scale marks keep focus distance and DOF clear at a glance. The control ring can be customised for quick access to preferred functions, making shooting more convenient and efficient.
Inspiration in Every Detail
1. 102 effective megapixels.
2. Increase in focusing speed between the X2D 100C and X1D II 50C was measured using an XCD 55V lens.
3. Among interchangeable-lens mirrorless digital cameras with a 55mm-diameter CMOS sensor (according to a Hasselblad market survey on 1 March 2022).
4. The working environment of IBIS system on the X2D 100C is from -40°C to 125°C (-40°F to 257°F).
5. Sequential read/write measured using IOmeter 1.1 with a queue depth of 32 while set to 128KB alignment.
6. When measured with a 65mm medium-format lens, X2D 100C EVF supports magnification up to 1.0x.
7. Compared with Hasselblad X1D II 50C, measured in 14-bit colour depth with M Mode, manual focus, and 1/2000s shutter speed.
8. Certain countries/regions cannot use a 5GHz frequency band due to legal restrictions.
9. The Phocus Mobile 2 app is not currently compatible with the X2D 100C. Compatibility will be available later this year (2022). Check the app for updates. Phocus Mobile 2 requires an iPad or iPhone X or later with internal storage of 3GB (RAM) or more and an operating system of iOS 15.0 or later.
10. Editing of RAW files is not available in Phocus Mobile 2 for iPhone
*All data and sources above are results from Hasselblad laboratories.