The Hasselblad Masters is biennial and one of the world’s most prestigious professional photographic competitions, giving acclaimed professionals, as well as aspiring newcomers, the chance to make their mark in the world of photography.
Photographers around the world were invited to submit three images that best demonstrate their photographic ability for the chance to be named a Hasselblad Master. The Hasselblad Masters 2018 competition featured 11 categories and received a record-breaking 31,500 entries. The number of participating photographers has seen an increase of 175% this year compared to the Hasselblad Masters 2016.
Volume 6: Innovate
THE HASSELBLAD MASTERS 2018 JURY
Made up of past Masters winners, experienced photographers and members of the photographic press, the Hasselblad Masters Awards 2018 jury members were:
- Tom Oldham – Photographer
- Ali Rajabi – Past Master
- Martin Hausler – Photographer
- Katerina Belkina – Past Master
- Swee Oh – Past Master
- Lars van de Goor – Past Master
- Tim Flach – Photographer
- Sean Conboy - Photographer
- Kevin Then – Photographer
- Bara Prasilova – Past Master
- Damien Demolder – Journalist
- Blair Bunting – Photographer
- Hans van Ommeren – Past Master
- Mads Nissen – Photographer
- Kevin Raber – Journalist
It really struck me how progressive many of the entries were this year and how far the entrants were willing to push the brief. These were the photographers who caught my eye - the ballsy, out-there risk-takers who make compelling pictures that refuse to be ignored. I’m proud to have helped to get this great kit into their hands – their images deserve it.
– Masters Jury member and professional photographer Tom Oldham