Hasselblad is one of the world’s most renowned camera brands. Hasselblad Group is headquartered in Gothenburg and has subsidiaries in Denmark, Germany, France, UK, USA, China and Japan. With a mission to produce the world’s best camera systems and with an expertise acquired over more than 75 years, Hasselblad has earned a leading position in the global market for professional photographic equipment.
Service Technician – Union, New Jersey, USA
Job id: US1807RTCOS
The primary responsibility of the service technician is handling repairs of H System and X System products, including cameras and optics.
- Perform service checks and minor and major repair of cameras, lenses and accessories
- Identify equipment problems and determine appropriate action: service, minor or major repair and communicate directly with service administrator
- Work with Service Manager or team leader to assign priority and ensure that the appropriate equipment is ready
- Keep track of all part shortages and report weekly to management. This data is used to determine replenishment spare parts needs.
- Carry out checks to ensure cleanliness and correct equipment presentation
- Use available systems and information to prioritize equipment moving through service. Equipment should be serviced in the appropriate amount of time. Work closely with Manager to balance resources to achieve process measurements.
- To identify, clearly communicate to Manager and isolate any equipment that has been severely “Damaged” or has major parts “Missing”
- Knowledge of electronics, digital repair procedures, and working knowledge of parts lists and schematics. Advanced knowledge is preferred
- Associate's Degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proper use of hand tools, shop fixtures, and materials
- Basic understanding of photographic theory
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate communication between departments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible toward change
- Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints and maintain high performance standards and output
- Good command of the English Language, written and spoken
- Working knowledge of Hasselblad products is a plus
- Competency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
Would you like to be a part of the Hasselblad team?
Send your CV and a short cover letter with “US1807RTCOS Service Technician + Applicant name” in the subject line to email@example.com and feel free to contact us via email if you have any questions.