Hasselblad is one of the world’s most renowned camera brands. Hasselblad Group is headquartered in Gothenburg and has subsidiaries in Denmark, Germany, France, UK, USA, China and Japan. With a mission to produce the world’s best camera systems and with an expertise acquired over more than 75 years, Hasselblad has earned a leading position in the global market for professional photographic equipment.
Public Relations Manager (North America) – New York, USA
The Public Relations (PR) Manager will contribute to the overall communications strategy and help support product PR activities as well as specific projects in North America, with a focus on directly influencing the favorability and reputation of Hasselblad's products. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with and have experience communicating directly with journalists, developing and executing strategic communications plans, supporting global product launches, and getting hands on with all aspects of product reviews.
A strong understanding of photographic tools and technology and the ability to explain its value to a wide variety of stakeholders is a must.
- Support communications activities and strategies for Hasselblad in North America
- Contribute and collaborate with the global communications team on product launch events, product reviews and ongoing activities
- Handle day-to-day media inquiries and briefings in North America
- Develop written materials, story pitches, press releases, and presentations
- Develop and implement creative campaigns that help drive awareness and preference for Hasselblad's products and services
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with relevant organizations and media
- Collate and analyze media coverage
- Help monitor North American media coverage of Hasselblad and the photography industry in general and prepare appropriate coverage reports
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to operate independently in a sometimes-ambiguous work environment.
- Genuine interest in technology. Not intimidated by software, hardware, or the prospect of learning something new.
- Passion and knowledge of photography.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills. Must have writing samples to share.
- Culturally sensitive and appreciative of the fact that Hasselblad is a global company.
- Obsessive attention to detail, combined with an ability to see the bigger picture.
- Collaborative work style; shares successes with teammates.
- Highly ethical and professional personal conduct.
- Proven track record of developing and pitching stories to technology, consumer/lifestyle and trade media with a strong placement track record
- Experience managing media relationships and a network of media contacts
Approximately 20-30% travel may be required. Primarily domestic, some international.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and or equal experience.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Marketing / PR required.
- Strong command of English required. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) and / or Swedish a plus.
- Must be eligible for U.S. employment
Nice to have
- Passion for photography or video-technology technology.
- Experience speaking in public and/or interacting with media.
- Enjoys travel.
- Good sense of humor.
Would you like to be part of the Hasselblad team?
Send your CV and a short resume to email@example.com and feel free to contact us via email if you have any questions.