We are looking for a talented engineer, who can strengthen our development team at the newly opened Hasselblad Design Centre close to Venice, and support our ambitious plans within the consumer camera market. We offer a creative working environment, where you will work with all aspects of mechanical development for a world renowned camera brand. We have set extremely high targets for 2013 with planned releases of at 3 new cameras and supporting camera accessories, and we need more talent to help us on this exciting journey.
Your overall priority will be to successfully deliver CAD design, ensuring that design and production aspects are embedded in 3D design and 2D drawings. You will be responsible for executing specified work packages on time and at cost with accountability on the quality and integrity of 3D models and 2D drawings. You will be working in close cooperation with R&D, Procurement and Production colleagues from Hasselblad manufacturing centre in Gothenburg, as well as extranal industrial design consultants and suppliers. You will report to New Business Development Director and work from the new modern office facilities in Treviso. The position will require travelling of about 20-30 days per year.
Your main tasks will cover:
- Development of 3D CAD models of Hasselblad consumer cameras for engineering and production;
- Implementation of relevant design and production knowledge into CAD by defining master models and design guidelines;
- Participation in functional model and prototype manufacturing, test and validation;
- Definition and delegation of tasks to colleagues in Sweden and/or external consultants;
- Delivery of designs as per project plan in time and on quality;
- Continuous research for new innovative materials and technical solutions from other industries applicable to the camera world.
- Interfacing with other departments to facilitate product improvements and ensure fastest possible design validation and time-to-market.
- Interfacing with and supporting suppliers in co-developing and delivering components up to the required design, cost and quality specifications.
As a person, you are a great team player with good communication skills, used to working in an international environment. You have proactive approach and take pride in following up your own work and see your products become reality. You are well structured, ambitious and quality-design-conscious. You have good planning skills and can keep a positive attitude even when things challenge you.
Furthermore our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineeiring (B.Sc or M.Sc);
- Highly skilled in use of 3D CAD software (Siemens NX and Pro-Engineer used at Hasselblad);
- At least 5 years of design engineer experience with relevant industry knowledge;
- Strong theoretical skills coupled wtith hands-on approach;
- Superior understanding of technical specifications;
- Good English skills, both oral and written.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Recruitment for this position is handled by Comunello & Associati Srl.
Are you interested in this job? Then submit your motivated application and your CV following this link http://www.comunelloeassociati.it/curricula.php?ref=E208
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position once we have found the right candidate. So do not hesitate and send your application as soon as possible.